“By wisdom a house is built, and by understanding it is established”
The Parish Council was established to advise the priest and represent the parishioners in important Spiritual, Financial, and Social matters concerning the Mission.
- It is the competency of the Pastoral Council to advise and cooperate with the pastor in the pastoral care of the parish. As such, the Pastoral Council serves as a permanent structure for constructive dialogue among the clergy, religious and laity.
- The Pastoral Council is to provide leadership, counsel, resources and encouragement and assistance to the apostolic and spiritual development of all parishioners.
- The Pastoral Council is to serve as a coordinating body for Parish organizations and activities. It may, after consultation with the Pastor, suggest standing and ad hoc committees. The Pastor would determine their role and function.
- The Pastoral Council should always work to develop consensus among its membership and the Parish in general. To this end, it is advisable that they arrive at a consensus on issues presented for their consideration rather than ‘voting’ on those issues. This will help to engage Council members in a constructive dialogue and usually presents the pastor with a more complete and well thought out course of action.
- All members of the Pastoral Council must maintain the confidentiality of the deliberations of the council, especially with respect to privacy and personal reputations.
Growth & development are major issues, at this time.
The Parish Council meets every month but all the members work daily, behind the scenes, in the best interest of the parishioners and to ensure that the Mission is achieving its goals.
If you have ideas or suggestions for the Parish Council or would like to help in any way, please contact us. Above all, please keep the Parish Council in your prayers.
PARISH COUNCIL MEMBERS FOR 2020:
Spiritual Advisor/ Pastor, Fr. Pierre Bassil